The primary responsibilities of the Outside Aftermarket Parts Sales Representative are to establish, maintain and expand profitable relationships with customers on behalf of SVL’s Aftermarket HVAC Parts division. The outside salesperson is the company’s primary contact with the customer and therefore must exhibit expertise and knowledge of HVAC products and systems to be able to apply the products that we represent. The ideal candidate exercises strong judgment and demonstrates a commitment to the success of the company by positively supporting the company’s directives and objectives.
- Respond to product and client inquires as well as creating lead generation in assigned territory (Twin Cities metro and southern MN).
- Visit client sites and complete walk-throughs to take field measurements, assess needs, etc.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge to select the correct products or assist clients in making product selections.
- Generate quotes and sales for new and existing clients.
- Provide superior customer service to clients and establish long term business relationships.
- Daily functions shall include phone and email support of customer’s needs.
- Work closely with the parts inside sales staff, sales administration staff, and service organization staff in a professional and responsive manner.
- Increase organization visibility in the HVAC parts market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
HVAC technical degree or working experience in a parts related business. Preferable in related industry (HVAC).
Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to communicate with people tactfully and with diplomacy and professionalism.