The primary responsibilities of the Outside Aftermarket Parts Sales Representative are to establish, maintain and expand profitable relationships with customers on behalf of SVL’s Aftermarket HVAC Parts division. The outside salesperson is the company’s primary contact with the customer and therefore must exhibit expertise and knowledge of HVAC products and systems to be able to apply the products that we represent. The ideal candidate exercises strong judgment and demonstrates a commitment to the success of the company by positively supporting the company’s directives and objectives.
- Respond to product and client inquires as well as creating lead generation in assigned territory (Twin Cities metro and southern MN).
- Visit client sites and complete walk-throughs to take field measurements, assess needs, etc.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge to select the correct products or assist clients in making product selections.
- Generate quotes and sales for new and existing clients.
- Provide superior customer service to clients and establish long term business relationships.
- Daily functions shall include phone and email support of customer’s needs.
- Work closely with the parts inside sales staff, sales administration staff, and service organization staff in a professional and responsive manner.
- Increase organization visibility in the HVAC parts market.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: HVAC technical degree or working experience in a parts related business. Preferably in a related industry (HVAC).
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to communicate with people tactfully and with diplomacy and professionalism.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: EXCELLENT written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, percentages, etc.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems with customers and staff. Strong initiative and decision-making skills required. Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word). Salesforce preferred.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Ability to plan, stay organized and focused throughout the day.
ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK: Perform tasks simultaneously.
PROFESSIONALISM: Represents the company in a professional manner regarding interaction with your team, customers and corporate personnel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for data entry.
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the day.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.