The primary responsibilities of the Human Resource Assistant will be to perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operation of the company Human Resource Department.
- Maintains accurate and up to date Human Resource files, records and documentation.
- Maintains all HR computer systems, benefits platforms, insurance company websites, etc.
- Assists with answering frequently asked questions from employees and applicants relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR Manager.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of Human Resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records.
- Provides clerical support to the HR Department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing errors, etc.
- Works with external benefit providers and vendors, which may include health, disability and retirement plan providers.
- Assists with the onboarding to newly hired employees
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events (i.e., open enrollment, Wellness program).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: HR related degree preferred. 1-2 years of professional Human Resource experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to communicate with people tactfully and with diplomacy and professionalism.
Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, percentages, etc.
Organizational Skills: Ability to plan, stay organized and focused throughout the day.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems with customers and staff. Strong initiative and decision-making skills are required. Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude.
Computer Skills: Microsoft skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word).
Ability to Multi-Task: Perform tasks simultaneously.
Professionalism: Represents the company in a professional manner regarding interaction with your team, customers and corporate personnel.
Work Schedule: Typically, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Must show up on time for all required shifts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift-up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for data entry.
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the day.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.