SVL is currently hiring for a Jr. Accountant. We are seeking a self-motivated, go getter to join our team. This Jr. Accountant is responsible for performing cost analyses and build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for SVL.
This is a full-time, 40 hour a work week position, Monday to Friday.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard cost to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products and services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Process Accounts Receivables transactions.
- Assist in month-end closing of general ledger.
- Maintains weekly, monthly and yearly cost reports and expenses.
- Maintains change orders, invoices and purchase order logs.
- Processes and validates customer invoices.
- Monitors Purchase Orders transactions and creates change orders, when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in accounting preferred.
- One to two years’ experience working in an accounting environment.
- Experience with Great Plains required, preferred with Operating Module.
- Microsoft experience required, (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accountant Standards.
- Very detailed, well organized and ability to multi-task.
SVL offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package to its employees. Includes but not limited to medical, dental, vision insurance, vacation time, 401K, profit sharing.