The primary responsibilities of the Project engineer are to establish, maintain and expand profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company. The Project Engineer is the company’s secondary contact with the customer and therefore must exhibit expertise and knowledge of HVAC products and systems to be able to apply the products that we represent in a way that meets our customer’s needs. The ideal candidate exercises strong judgment and demonstrates a commitment to the success of the company by positively supporting the company’s directives and objectives.
- Generate and process profitable business with your assigned account base.
- Promote products and systems to Mechanical Engineers and Contractors.
- Daily functions shall include phone and email support of customer’s needs.
- Support Sales Engineers with equipment selections for consulting engineers and design-build contractors.
- Study plan sheets and price equipment on projects.
- Prepare detailed proposals for the equipment we represent for contractors bidding projects.
- Prepare equipment submittals for the manufacturer’s equipment we receive orders for prior to ordering.
- Release orders for the approved equipment on projects.
- Coordinate delivery of equipment ordered.
- Work with SVL’s Warranty Administrator to assist with warranty issues as needed
- Interface with the Sales Engineering staff, sales admin staff, and Service organization staff in a professional and responsive manner.
- Be available for “spur of the moment” project pricing and stock order placement.
- Attend manufacture training sessions when applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. 1 – 3 years experience in sales preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to learn fast, communicate with people tactfully, with diplomacy and professionalism.
Language Skills: EXCELLENT written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret general business documents.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, percentages, etc.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems with customers and staff. Strong initiative and decision-making skills required. Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude.
Computer Skills: Microsoft skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word). Manufacturer-specific selection software will be trained by SVL and the manufacturers.
Organizational Skills: Ability to plan, stay organized and focused throughout the day.
Ability to Multi-Task: Perform tasks simultaneously.
Professionalism: Represents the company in a professional manner regarding interaction with your team, customers and corporate personnel.
Work Schedule: Typically, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Must show up on time for all required shifts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift-up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for data entry.
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the day.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.