The primary responsibilities of the Social Media Coordinator will be to track and implement our Social Media strategy to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. The Social Media Coordinator is a great communicator, writer, and project manager who understands how to manage their time and workload to get the best results for the company. The ideal candidate exercises strong judgment and demonstrates a commitment to the success of the company by positively supporting the company’s directives and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and manage social media posts across all social channels
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure content is informative, appealing and on-brand.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales teams for up-to-date content.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign.
- Keep abreast on the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Use social media management tools such as Sprout, Hootsuite, etc.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Represent the company professionally via digital/social presence – Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquires and comments.
- Analyze social analytic metrics and report on the progress monthly.
- Pitch recommendations to improve strategy and be able to prove ROI on the strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Marketing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related discipline. 1+ years experience in marketing, project management, digital communications. Experience with marketing campaigns, social media channels and web technologies preferred. Copywriting experience (blog, social media, articles, advertising). Graphic design experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Spark or willingness to learn.
Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to communicate with people tactfully and with diplomacy and professionalism.
EXCELLENT written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to effectively present information to customers and staff.
Ability to plan, stay organized and focused throughout the day.
Ability to interpret analytics from social channel dashboards and Sprout social.
Ability to solve practical problems with customers and staff. Strong initiative and decision-making skills are required. Creative thinker with data driven analytical aptitude.
Microsoft skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word). Adobe Illustrator or Spark, Sprout social. WordPress a plus. Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram and other social media sites.
Ability to Multi-Task:
Perform tasks simultaneously.
Represents the company in a professional manner regarding interaction with your team, customers and corporate personnel.
Typically, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Must show up on time for all required shifts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Potential to travel to offsite events <15%
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift-up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for data entry.
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the day.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.