SHARC Series Piranha
Wastewater Pump For Heating and Cooling
For More Information:
HEATING & COOLING USING WASTEWATER
The PIRANHA Wastewater Heat Recovery & Cooling System is a specialized water-to-water heat pump that recovers energy directly from wastewater and uses this source energy to produce hot water.
Typically used for potable Domestic Hot Water (DHW) purposes, it can also be used for hydronic heating or alternate hot water demand purposes.
Why PIRANHA Series?
- Sizes range from 4 to 12 inch piping (100 to 2,500 GPM)
- Automated reversing valves control back flush, keeping the heat exchanger operating at design parameters
- DDC integration with touch screen control, remote monitoring, data trending, and email alerts (Modbus standard and BACnet integration available)
- Sensors included: Temperature, pressure, flow meters
- Expected lifespan of 25 years
PIRANHA Series Key Features
The PIRANHA features a specially designed evaporator to recover and transfer energy directly from wastewater into a refrigeration circuit, paired with an NSF-372 rated double-wall vented brazed plate heat exchanger (condenser) to transfer the energy directly into potable water.
- All-in-one unit, includes custom heat exchanger inside
- Simultaneous Heating + Cooling (HC model)
- Does not require macerator or prefiltration
- Multiple units can be installed in parallel
- Remotely monitored & managed
- Designed to utilize black & grey water
- Quiet operation
- Programmable to use energy off peak hours
- Long life span
- Simple maintenance & service
- Optimized for multi-family residential & light commercial applications
- Fits through double doors to support retrofitting