The patented Series IV Air Blender® static mixer provides higher levels of mixing in half the distance and at a lower pressure drop than any other air mixer on the market. The Air Blender mixer is the only mixing device that provides predictable levels of mixing and pressure loss with each size and configuration. By applying the Air Blender, the designer is assured the system will operate as expected at specific outdoor-air design temperatures.
Features & Benefits
- Provides maximum mixing in shortest possible distance
- Requires minimal energy (typical application is between 0.10 – 0.20″ w.g.)
- Provides predictable mixing for every mixer size due to geometric scaling of each unit size.
- Saves building owners significant operating dollars due to expanded economizer operating range. Typical 1st cost payback of 3-24 months.
- Provides reliable pressure drop rating which includes the effect of mixer to plenum area ratio (i.e. orifice effect)
Freeze-stat trips & frozen water coils cost building owners and system designers significant time and money. Good mixing is the most effective and efficient way to provide coil-freeze protection.
Poor mixing often forces building operators to prematurely abandoned economizer operation. Proper mixing, however, allows full utilization of free cooling, and thereby saves building owners significant operating expense.
Temperature Control Accuracy
Sensor accuracy is significantly compromised when temperature and velocity stratification exist. Proper mixing minimizes sensor errors, thereby ensuring accurate temperature sensing and control.
Even Velocity Profile
Velocity maldistribution compromises the performance of filtration systems, heating and cooling coils, and humidification systems. By evening the velocity profile, system components work longer and more efficiently.
Outdoor Air Distribution
Indoor air quality (IAQ) can be significantly compromised when air stratification exists, but well-mixed return and outdoor air results in more breathable air for building occupants.