The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk include keeping our financial records updated, preparing reports, and generating invoices. The role requires strong diligence, problem-solving and organizational skills. The ideal candidate exercises strong judgment and demonstrates a commitment to the success of the company by positively supporting the company’s directives and objectives.
- Complete Sales Tax for the company.
- Reconcile self-insured warranty claims.
- Request certificate of insurance from manufacturers.
- Enter invoices into accounting software for the company.
- Generate invoices and send them out to customers.
- Handle the lien waiver process.
- Make bank deposits for the company.
- File and organize accounting documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Two-year degree in Accounting with 2 + years of job-related experience or Four-year degree in Accounting with no previous work experience.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Ability to relate to people on many levels (both internal and external). Ability to communicate with people tactfully and with diplomacy and professionalism.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: EXCELLENT written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to effectively present information to customers and staff.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS: Ability to plan, stay organized and focused throughout the day.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, percent’s, etc.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems with customers and staff. Strong initiative and decision-making skills required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word). Quickbooks and Great Plaines experience a plus.
ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK: Perform tasks simultaneously.
PROFESSIONALISM: Represents the company in a professional manner regarding interaction with your team, customers and corporate personnel.
WORK SCHEDULE: Typically, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Must show up on time for all required shifts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 10 lbs., occasionally lift-up to 25 lbs., and to rarely lift-up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist and squat in order to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements for data entry.
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the day.
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.